FRITZ!Powerline 510E Service - Knowledge Base
Changing password for FRITZ!Powerline network
The connection between the FRITZ!Powerline adapters within a powerline network is encrypted with a password (AES 128-bit) and thus protected from unauthorized access.
The FRITZ!Powerline adapter uses a preset network password in the factory settings. With the FRITZ!Powerline software you can assign your own network password; however, all powerline adapters within a powerline network must use the same network password.
1 Downloading and installing the FRITZ!Powerline software
- Call up our download area in a web browser.
- Select the product group "FRITZ!Powerline" and then your product.
- Download the FRITZ!Powerline software for your computer's operating system.
- Install FRITZ!Powerline on a computer with a LAN port.
2 Changing the network password
- Plug each of the FRITZ!Powerline adapters into an outlet.
- If the FRITZ!Powerline adapters still use different network passwords, connect the FRITZ!Powerline adapter at the push of a button.
- Use a network cable to connect a FRITZ!Powerline adapter to the computer on which the FRITZ!Powerline software is installed.
- Start the FRITZ!Powerline software.
- Double-click the icon of a FRITZ!Powerline adapter that is not connected to the computer.
- Enter the desired network password in the "New network password" field and click "OK".
Important:Only use standard alphanumeric characters and not symbols or special letters such as ä, ë, ö, ü, á, é, í.
The network password may be up to 1024 characters long.
- Answer the question "Are you sure you want to change the network password?" with "OK".
- Once you have made the changes, click "OK".
- Repeat steps 5 - 8 for all other FRITZ!Powerline adapters and assign them the same network password.
- Finally, double-click the symbol of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter that is connected to the computer and also assign it the same network password.