Changing the password for the FRITZ!Powerline network
FRITZ!Powerline adapters are already protected by a unique network key in the factory settings and establish encrypted connections (128-bit AES). You can use the FRITZ!Powerline software to change the network password. For this, the FRITZ!Powerline adapters must be connected with each other.
Important:The new network password must be configured in each of the FRITZ!Powerline adapters in the powerline network.
1 Downloading and installing the FRITZ!Powerline software
- Call up our download area in a web browser.
- Select the product group "FRITZ!Powerline" and then your product.
- Download the FRITZ!Powerline software for the operating system of your computer.
- Install FRITZ!Powerline on a computer that is connected to a FRITZ!Powerline adapter via the FRITZ!Box or directly by means of a network cable.
2 Changing the network password
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapters into power outlets and wait until the "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED on each of them remains lit.
- If the powerline network is not connected with the FRITZ!Box yet, use a network cable to connect a FRITZ!Powerline adapter directly to the computer on which the FRITZ!Powerline software is installed.
- Start the FRITZ!Powerline software.
- Double-click the icon of a FRITZ!Powerline adapter that is not connected to the computer or the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter the new network password in the "New network password" field and click "OK". Use numerals and letters, and combine capitals and lower-case letters. The network password may be up to 1024 characters long.
- Click "OK" when you are asked "Are you sure you want to change the network password?".
- After making the changes, click "OK".
- Repeat steps 4 - 7 for all other FRITZ!Powerline adapters and assign the same network password to each of them.
- Finally, double-click the icon of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter that is connected to the computer or the FRITZ!Box and also assign it the same network password.
AVM Section Navigation