Powerline connection is not established
The powerline connection between FRITZ!Powerline adapters is not established and the "Powerline" LED does not remain lit.
To resolve the problem, simply proceed as described below.
1 Reducing interference in the home's power supply
Interference in the home's power supply can severely impair communication between powerline adapters. Try to minimize the interference or eliminate it completely:
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapter directly into a wall outlet; do not use it with a power strip or an extension cord.
- Avoid powerline connections on different phases, fuse boxes, and ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI).
- Do not use the FRITZ!Powerline adapter behind a surge protector.
- For testing purposes, switch off other devices or briefly unplug them in order to identify possible sources of interference and then minimize them.
Examples of possible sources of interference are switch mode power supplies, dimmers, halogen systems and energy-saving lamps, as well as electric motors when they are running (for example in refrigerators, food processors, dryers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, or drills).
- Make sure that cables carrying a VDSL signal are laid at least 10 cm away from electrical wiring and outlets.
- Test different wall outlets and reduce the distance between the FRITZ!Powerline adapters.
AVM Section Navigation