FRITZ!Powerline 500E Service - Knowledge Base
Powerline connection cannot be established
The powerline connection between FRITZ!Powerline adapters is not established and the "Powerline" LED does not remain lit.
1 Reducing interference to the electrical wiring
Interference to the electrical wiring in the home may be severely impairing communication between powerline adapters. Try to reduce the interference or eliminate it completely:
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapter directly into a wall outlet; do not use it with a power strip or an extension cord.
- Avoid powerline connections on different phases, fuse boxes, and ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI).
- Do not use the FRITZ!Powerline adapter behind surge protection.
- For testing, turn off other devices or briefly unplug them to determine possible sources of interference and minimize them.
Examples of possible sources of interference are switched-mode power supplies, dimmers, halogen systems and energy-saving lamps, as well as electric motors when they are running (for example in a refrigerator, food processor, dryer, washing machine, vacuum cleaner, or drill).
- Make sure that cables carrying a VDSL signal are at least 10 cm away from electrical wiring and outlets.
- Try different wall outlets and reduce the distance between the FRITZ!Powerline adapters.