FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Service - Knowledge Base
Accessing FRITZ!Powerline over the Internet
You can also access FRITZ!Powerline over the Internet. This way you can also monitor or control your powerline network when you are away from home.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
- The latest FRITZ!OS must be installed on your FRITZ!Box.
- A registered MyFRITZ! account is configured in the FRITZ!Box.
Note:See MyFRITZ!: secure data access from anywhere for information.
For security reasons, you can only access FRITZ!Powerline from the Internet if the user interface is password protected:
- Click "System" in the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline.
- Click "Password" in the "System" menu.
- Enable the option "Login with the FRITZ!Powerline password".
- Enter a password of your choice in the "FRITZ!Powerline Password" field.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Configuring the FRITZ!Box
By default, the FRITZ!Box's firewall protects all of the devices in the FRITZ!Box home network from incoming connections and unwanted data from the Internet. Before you can access FRITZ!Powerline using your FRITZ!Box's Internet connection, you must first set up a MyFRITZ! Access for FRITZ!Powerline:
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Port Sharing" or "Port Forwarding" tab.
- Click "Add Device for Sharing".
- Select the entry for FRITZ!Powerline from the "Device" drop-down list.
- Click "New Sharing".
- Enable the option "MyFRITZ! Access".
- Select "HTTP-Server" from the drop-down list "Application".
- Enable the sharing.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
- Now the MyFRITZ! address that you can use to access FRITZ!Powerline from the Internet is displayed in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Internet > Permit Access > Port Sharing".
- Make note of the MyFRITZ! address from FRITZ!Powerline.
2 Using the MyFRITZ! address to access FRITZ!Powerline
Now you can use the MyFRITZ! address to access the FRITZ!Powerline user interface from the Internet:
- Call up the MyFRITZ! address you noted above for FRITZ!Powerline in a web browser on a computer.
- When prompted to do so, enter the password for the user interface.
- The user interface of your FRITZ!Powerline opens.