FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Service - Knowledge Base
The connection between the FRITZ!Powerline adapters within a powerline network is encrypted with a password (AES 128-bit) and thus protected from unauthorized access. All of the powerline adapters must use the same network password in order to communicate with each other.
If you bought the FRITZ!Powerline adapters in a set, they are already connected with each other. If you bought the FRITZ!Powerline adapters individually or now just want to add an additional powerline adapter to your powerline network, you must connect the powerline adapters with each other first.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
Requirements / Restrictions
- If the powerline network only consists of powerline adapters with data rates of at least 1000 Mbit/s, you can connect a maximum of 64 powerline adapters with each other.
- If there are powerline adapters with data rates lower than 1000 Mbit/s in your powerline network, then you can connect a maximum of 16 powerline adapters with each other. The number is reduced to 12 if a FRITZ!Powerline model 510E / 530E / 540E or 546E is used.
Adjusting the network password
Adjust the network password quickly and easily at the touch of a button. The FRITZ!Powerline adapters then connect automatically:
Note:FRITZ!Powerline adapters automatically recognize whether they are already in a powerline network or should join it. It therefore does not matter whether you first push the button for the powerline connection on a powerline adapter that is already in the network, or on a powerline adapter that you want to add to the network.
- For setup, plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapters into outlets in the same room.
- If you are using a FRITZ!Powerline adapter with wireless capabilities, wait about one minute until the "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Briefly push the "Security" or "Powerline · Security" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapters.
- The "Powerline" LED starts to flash after you release the button. Depending on the FRITZ!Powerline model, various other LEDs flash simultaneously.
- The process is completed and the FRITZ!Powerline adapters are connected with each other as soon as the "Powerline" LED remains lit.
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapters into the desired wall outlets.
Note:Always plug powerline adapters directly into wall outlets and not into a power strip because the additional resistance and interference from other devices plugged into the power strip impair the powerline connection.
- Repeat steps 3 - 6 for the other FRITZ!Powerline adapters you want to add to the powerline network.