FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Service - Knowledge Base
Generating support data
We need the support data for your FRITZ!Powerline in order to process your support request. Generate the support data while or as immediately as possible after the issue occurs. Do not manually restart it before generating the support data, for example by unplugging it.
Note:The support data contains the FRITZ!Powerline settings and the event log. The information in the support data will only be used for solving this issue and will not be passed on to third parties. The support data will be deleted after the case has been closed at the latest.
1 Generating support data for FRITZ!Powerline
- Call up http://fritz.powerline/support.lua in a web browser. If the connection between FRITZ!Powerline and the FRITZ!Box is interrupted:
- Use a network cable to connect a computer to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
- Call up the address http://169.254.1.1/support.lua in a web browser.
- Click the "Generate Support Data" button.
- Select the option "Save" and save the file with the support data on your computer. This process may take several minutes. Do not change the name or format of the file.
- If possible, create a ZIP file containing the support data.
Note:ZIP files allow you to compress any files. In Windows, you can create ZIP files as follows: Right-click a file or folder, then select "Send to" and "Compressed (zipped) Folder" from the context menu.