FRITZ!Powerline 1240E Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the FRITZ!Box via LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Powerline adapter to your FRITZ!Box via LAN to easily and efficiently add an additional wireless access point to your home network. This way you will even have ideal wireless reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network outside the wireless range (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box.
If you connect the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7 or later, the FRITZ!Repeater is automatically integrated into the Mesh during setup. The FRITZ!Powerline adapter adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box, such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
1 Loading the factory settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
In order to perform the following steps, you must return the FRITZ!Powerline adapter to its factory settings:
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the home network
- Use a network cable to connect the FRITZ!Powerline adapter to a LAN port in your home network (for example on FRITZ!Box or FRITZ!Repeater).
3 Setting up the FRITZ!Powerline adapter as a LAN bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the FRITZ!Powerline adapter should use and click "Next".
- Keep the wireless LAN settings displayed for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Integrating FRITZ!Powerline adapter into the Mesh at the touch of a button
- Briefly push the connect button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. All of the LEDs start to flash after you release the connect button.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the connect button on the FRITZ!Box until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 7520, 6890 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 6490, 5490, 5491 WLAN WPS Info FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN Info FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581, 7580, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS Info FRITZ!Box 6820 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview of the FRITZ!Box.