Connecting FRITZ!Powerline with the FRITZ!Box via LAN
Connect your FRITZ!Powerline adapter to your FRITZ!Box via LAN to add an additional wireless access point to your home network quickly and easily. This way you will have ideal Wi-Fi reception and high-speed connections to the internet and home network, even when outside the Wi-Fi range of your FRITZ!Box.
If you are using a FRITZ!Box with FRITZ!OS 7 or later, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is integrated into the Mesh and marked in the FRITZ!Box user interface with the Mesh symbol . The FRITZ!Powerline adapter then automatically adopts all of the settings from the FRITZ!Box, such as Wi-Fi access information and guest access. In the Mesh, your wireless devices automatically connect to the wireless access point that offers the best Wi-Fi reception.
From then on, you can simply make changes in the Mesh in the FRITZ!Box. The FRITZ!Box automatically transmits the new settings to the FRITZ!Powerline adapter. If you still want to access the user interface of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter, use the password from the FRITZ!Box to log in.
Fig.: Connection scenario for LAN bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
1 Loading the factory settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter must be set to factory settings:
- Plug the FRITZ!Powerline adapter into a power outlet.
- Wait about 1 minute until the "WLAN" LED remains lit.
- Push the corresponding button on the device:
Model Button Duration FRITZ!Powerline 540E / 546E "WLAN/WPS" and "Powerline · Security" 10 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1240E "WLAN-WPS/Powerline · Security" 15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1260E "Connect" 15 seconds
- All of the LEDs flash once during this process. The "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the home network
- Use a network cable to connect the FRITZ!Powerline adapter to a LAN port in your home network (for example on FRITZ!Box or FRITZ!Repeater).
3 Setting up the FRITZ!Powerline adapter as a LAN bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline. If you are asked for a password, enter the password for the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click the "Change the Type of Connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "LAN bridge" and click "Next".
- Select which IP settings the FRITZ!Powerline adapter should use and click "Next".
- Keep the Wi-Fi settings displayed for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
4 Adding the FRITZ!Powerline adapter to the Mesh by button
- Briefly push the connect button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. When you release the connect button, all of the LEDs start to flash.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the Mesh Master until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 6890, 6850, 6660 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5491, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560 WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the Mesh Master marks the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview.
AVM Section Navigation