FRITZ!Fon MT-F Service - Knowledge Base
Using quick-dial numbers
If you hold down the quick-dial keys on your FRITZ!Fon, you can quickly access certain functions and telephone numbers. You can assign telephone numbers to keys 2 to 9 so you can call these parties even faster. In addition, you can easily lock the keys on your telephone to prevent entries from being made accidentally, or you can enable the Do Not Disturb function if you want to temporarily disable the ringer.
1 Quick-dial keys assignments
|0||Calling up the "Internet Services" menu|
|1||Selecting the answering machine|
|2-9||Quick-dial numbers 02-09 from the FRITZ!Box telephone book|
|*||Enabling/disabling Do Not Disturb|
|*a red LED still indicates incoming calls|
2 Assigning a telephone number to a quick-dial number
FRITZ!Fon uses the quick-dial numbers 02-09 from the FRITZ!Box's first telephone book. For example, if you press and hold the number 2, then the party you assigned the quick-dial number "02" to is called:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Book" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Telephone Book" tab or the "Switch telephone books" link and enable the option "Telephone Book".
Note:The link "Switch telephone books" is only available if you set up multiple telephone books in the FRITZ!Box. If the link is not available, then the correct telephone book is already displayed.
- Click the (Edit) button for the telephone book entry you want to assign to a quick-dial key.
- Select a telephone number from the "Add Telephone Number" drop-down list.
- Enter a number between 2 and 9 in the "Quick-dial number" field.
Important:The quick-dial number may not be assigned to any other telephone book entry. If the quick-dial number is already in use, then you must edit that telephone book entry first.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 for each telephone book entry you want to call using a quick-dial number.