FRITZ!Fon MT-F Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
FRITZ!Fon reports "TAM memory full!"
Although you enabled the "Record messages" mode for the FRITZ!Box's answering machine, the answering machine does not record any messages. Callers cannot leave messages and hear the greeting "Hello. No one is available to answer your call at the moment. Please call again later", for example. FRITZ!Fon displays the message "TAM memory full!".
- Either no more memory is available or the maximum number of messages has been reached.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Deleting messages
- Delete old messages. If you enabled automatic email forwarding, then you can opt to have messages automatically deleted from the answering machine after they have been forwarded.
2 Turning the telephone off and then on again
- Hold down the end call key (red handset) to turn the telephone off, and then turn it on again.
3 Connecting a USB storage device to the FRITZ!Box and configuring it
If a USB storage device is connected to the USB port on the FRITZ!Box and you have enabled it for the answering machine, then the answering machine can record up to 254 messages. If you do not connect a USB storage device, then we cannot guarantee a minimum number of messages that can be recorded or a minimum recording length:
Connecting a USB storage device to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the USB storage device to a USB port on the FRITZ!Box.
Configuring the USB storage device to recording messages
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Answering Machine" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Select the answering machine you want to configure.
- Click the "Settings" button.
- Click "Additional Settings".
- Enable the option "Use USB storage medium to increase recording capacity" in the "Messages" section. If you cannot enable this option, disable the USB remote connection first:
- Click "USB Devices" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "USB Remote Connection" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Disable the "USB storage media" option.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
4 Testing a different USB storage device
The USB storage device may be defective or incorrectly formatted:
- Connect a different USB storage device, preferably a USB memory stick, to the FRITZ!Box.