FRITZ!Fon MT-F Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Fon reports "TAM memory full!"
Although you enabled the "Record messages" mode for the FRITZ!Box's answering machine, the answering machine does not record any messages. Callers cannot leave messages and hear the greeting "Hello. No one is available to answer your call at the moment. Please call again later", for example. FRITZ!Fon displays the message "TAM memory full!".
- Either no more memory is available or the maximum number of messages has been reached.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Deleting messages
- Delete old messages. If you enabled automatic e-mail forwarding, then you can opt to have messages automatically deleted from the answering machine after they have been forwarded.
2 Turning the telephone off and then on again
- Hold down the hang-up key (red handset) to turn the telephone off, and then turn it on again.
3 Connecting a USB storage device to the FRITZ!Box and configuring it
If a USB storage device is connected to the USB port on the FRITZ!Box and you have enabled it for the answering machine, then the answering machine can record up to 254 messages. If you do not connect a USB storage device, then we cannot guarantee a minimum number of messages that can be recorded or a minimum recording length:
Connecting a USB storage device to the FRITZ!Box
- Connect the USB storage device to a USB port on the FRITZ!Box.
Configuring the USB storage device to recording messages
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Answering Machine" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Select the answering machine you would like to configure.
- Click the "Settings" button.
- Click "Additional Settings".
- Enable the option "Use USB storage medium to increase recording capacity" in the "Messages" section.
Note:If the option is grayed out, then either no USB storage device is connected, or you enabled the USB remote connection for your USB storage device. You can disable it again in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Home Network > USB Devices > USB Remote Connection".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
4 Testing a different USB storage device
The USB storage device may be defective or incorrectly formatted:
- Connect a different USB storage device - preferably a USB memory stick - to the FRITZ!Box for testing purposes.