FRITZ!Fon MT-F Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
Callers hear a busy signal instead of a ringing tone when a call is already being conducted via FRITZ!Box
Callers hear a busy signal instead of a ringing tone when a telephone call is already being conducted using the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Disable the option "Call rejection on busy (busy on busy)".
- Enable the "Call waiting" option.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
If the same telephone number is used to conduct both of the calls, then it must be possible to use the telephone number for two connections at the same time. This is usually the case for internet numbers, but never possible on analog landlines. If callers still hear a busy signal, then this telephone number can only be used for one connection. This is why your telephony provider gives the caller a "busy" signal.