FRITZ!Fon MT-F Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
Selecting a different outgoing number when making a call
Depending on how it is configured, the FRITZ!Fon automatically uses a particular number to make calls. However, you can override this setting when you make a call and select a different number to use for the call. The telephone's number settings and dialing rules are then suspended for this call. You can either use the telephone's menu or a key command to select a different outgoing number.
- The FRITZ!Fon must be registered with a FRITZ!Box.
1 Using the menu to select a different outgoing number
You can use the menu to select any of the telephone numbers that were explicitly assigned to the telephone as incoming numbers in the FRITZ!Box user interface. The numbers are not displayed in the menu if the option "React to all numbers" is enabled:
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Telephony" > "OK" > "Own telephone no." > "OK"
- Select the desired outgoing telephone number.
- Click "OK" to save the setting.
Now the telephone number is shown in the display of the telephone and will be used as the outgoing number for the next call.
2 Using key commands to select a different outgoing number
You can use a key command to select any of the telephone numbers configured in the FRITZ!Box. This number will then be used to make the next call, regardless of the number you assigned to the telephone in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Check which key command is shown in the "Preselection" column for the telephone number you want to use for the call.
- Enter the key command followed by the number you want to call.
To call the number 1234 using the second internet telephone number, enter *122#1234.