FRITZ!Fon M2 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Functions that can be used when using FRITZ!Fon with a FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box supports the DECT standard and the DECT-GAP profile. The DECT-GAP profile allows DECT devices from different manufacturers to communicate with each other. The FRITZ!Box allows you to use all of the functions defined in this profile, as well as offering additional ones. Which functions can be used in addition to the ones covered by DECT-GAP depends on the telephone's manufacturer. FRITZ!Fons allow you to use all of the FRITZ!Box functions.
1 Functions that can always be used
- Secure ("encrypted") calls
- Call waiting
- Call rejection on busy (busy on busy)
- Three-party conference call
- Alternating between calls
- Explicit Call Transfer (ECT)
2 Functions you may be able to use
CLIP can often be used
CLIP is a function for incoming calls. If callers transmit their telephone numbers, their numbers are shown on the telephone's display when they call. CLIP can be used with all FRITZ!Fons and many Gigaset devices. However, AVM cannot guarantee that CLIP will function with telephones from other manufacturers.
DECT Eco is rarely available
With DECT Eco, the DECT field is completely switched off as soon as all of the cordless telephones are in standby mode. DECT Eco can be used only if all cordless telephones registered with the FRITZ!Box support DECT Eco. In addition to the FRITZ!Fon, some other telephones from other manufacturers also support this function. However, AVM cannot guarantee that DECT Eco will function with telephones from other manufacturers.
3 Additional functions that can be used in combination with FRITZ!Fon
With a FRITZ!Fon you can use significantly more of the functions offered by the FRITZ!Box than with a cordless telephone from another manufacturer. These functions include the following, for example:
- The telephone indicates when you missed a call.
- The menu can be used to operate the FRITZ!Box's answering machines.
- Calls can be establish directly from the call list or the FRITZ!Box's telephone book.
- You can use the "Telephony > Anonymous call" menu to suppress your caller ID when making the next call (CLIR).
- You can use the "Telephony > Own telephone no." menu to select a different number that should be used for the next outgoing call.
- The telephones get the time from the FRITZ!Box's clock.
- Entries in the call list of your telephones can be copied to the FRITZ!Box's telephone book.