FRITZ!Fon M2 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
FRITZ!Fon constantly indicates received calls
The display of your FRITZ!Fon keeps indicating that you received calls from one of your own telephone numbers, although you did not receive calls from this number. The word "EMAIL", "FAX" or "VOICE" may be displayed in front of your own number.
- Since your telephony provider supports MWI (Message Waiting Indication), these calls indicate that you have new messages in your mailbox.
Disabling MWI in the FRITZ!Box
In your telephony provider's online customer center you can configure whether and how you are notified when new messages arrive. Normally, the signaling stops as soon as you have listened to all of the messages. Information on the mailbox and MWI signaling can be obtained from your telephony provider. You can disable MWI in the FRITZ!Box if you are receiving these messages because of calls to an internet telephone number and they bother you:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective internet telephone number.
- Select "Other provider" from the drop-down list.
- Disable the option "Provider supports MWI (RFC 3842)". If the field is not displayed, enable the Advanced View.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.