FRITZ!Fon C6 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Listening to internet radio
You can enter up to 40 internet radio stations in the FRITZ!Box and receive radio broadcasts from radio stations all over the world with your FRITZ!Fon.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Fon must be registered with a FRITZ!Box.
- No DECT repeaters from other manufacturers are registered with the FRITZ!Box.
- The internet radio station must be saved in the playlist format "pls" or "m3u" and point to an mp3 stream. Other formats cannot be played.
1 Enabling encryption
Convenience functions can only be used with the FRITZ!Fon when DECT encryption is enabled:
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Base Station" in the "DECT" menu.
- Enable the option "Permit only secure DECT connections (recommended)" in the "Security" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
- If the option was disabled, you must then restart the FRITZ!Box once using the user interface ("System > Backup or Reset > Restart").
2 Setting up internet radio
A number of internet radio stations are already preset in the FRITZ!Box. You can easily add additional stations:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Media Server" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Web Radio" tab.
- From the drop-down list, either select a preconfigured radio station or select the entry "Other web radio station..." if the desired station is not listed.
Note:If you select a preconfigured station, it is then automatically configured. Click the "Edit" button after the entry if you would like to change the following settings later.
- Enter a name for the radio station in the "Name" field.
- Enter the address of the radio station in the "Web address" field.
Note:Links to many internet radio stations can be found at www.shoutcast.com, for example. You can copy the addresses of the stations and use the context menu to paste them into the corresponding field.
- If several FRITZ!Fons are registered with the FRITZ!Box, select the telephones you want to make the radio station available on.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
3 Listening to internet radio
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Internet services" and press "OK".
- "Internet radio" > "OK"
- Select a radio station and press "OK".