FRITZ!Fon C4 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
Callers do not hear busy signal when a call is already being conducted via FRITZ!Box
Callers hear a ringing tone instead of a busy signal if a telephone call is already being conducted over the FRITZ!Box. The caller therefore assumes that the line is free.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Enable the option "Call rejection on busy (busy on busy)".
- Disable the option "Call Waiting".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring an ISDN NT with integrated analog converter
The analog ports of ISDN NTs with integrated A/B converters (analog converters, terminal adapters) are often configured to react to all incoming calls. As a result, callers hear a ringing tone even if you are already conducting a call over the FRITZ!Box. You do not notice that you are being called if there is no telephone connected to the analog ports of the converter:
- Configure the analog converter so that its analog ports do not react to calls.
3 Configuring other ISDN devices
If you are using the FRITZ!Box on an ISDN line and other ISDN devices (for example telephones, a PBX) are also connected to the ISDN line, those devices must not be allowed to react to calls. Otherwise, the caller hears a ringing tone because another ISDN device could accept the call:
- Either: Connect all ISDN devices to the "FON S0" port of your FRITZ!Box by means of an ISDN hub. You can connect up to eight ISDN devices to the "FON S0" port.
- Or: Configure the ISDN devices so that they do not to react to calls.