Registering FRITZ!DECT Repeater with a base station from another manufacturer
The FRITZ!DECT Repeater is the ideal complement to FRITZ!Box models with integrated DECT base stations (for example FRITZ!Box 7490). However, you can also register your FRITZ!DECT Repeater with a base station from another manufacturer in order to extend the range of the DECT radio network.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The base station must support the DECT-GAP profile.
Note:DECT-GAP is a common standard for DECT devices.
- The base station must be capable of allowing a repeater to register with it.
- The base station must allow unencrypted DECT connections to be established.
Important:If you cannot disable encryption for the DECT connection (as is the case with various Speedport devices, for example), you cannot register the FRITZ!DECT Repeater with it.
- All repeaters must be directly registered with the base station (star topology). It is not possible to register a repeater with another repeater (cascading).
1 Configuring the base station
- Enable DECT repeater support (repeater mode) in the base station.
- Disable encryption for the DECT connection in the base station.
Note:The manufacturer of the base station can provide you with information on how to configure the base station for use with a DECT repeater. You may need to configure additional settings.
2 Establishing a DECT connection
- Plug the repeater into a power outlet near the base station.
- Push the "DECT" button on the repeater. Hold down the button for at least 6 seconds until the "DECT" LED starts to flash rapidly. The repeater is in registration mode as long as the LED flashes rapidly.
- Within 2 minutes: Push the registration key on the base station.
Now the repeater automatically registers itself with the base station. The "DECT" LED on the repeater remains lit as soon as the DECT connection has been established.
AVM Section Navigation