FRITZ!DECT 301 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!DECT 301 is detected as FRITZ!DECT 300
FRITZ!DECT 301 is detected as a FRITZ!DECT 300. The radiator control is displayed with the product name "FRITZ!DECT 300" in the "Home Network" menu of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Note:You can easily distinguish FRITZ!DECT 301 from FRITZ!DECT 300 by looking at the housing. FRITZ!DECT 301 has a rocker switch, and FRITZ!DECT 300 has a setting wheel.
1 Display error in the user interface
With some FRITZ!Box models, the incorrect product name may be displayed, even if FRITZ!OS 6.83 or later is installed on the FRITZ!Box. This is only a display error that does not does not affect the functioning of the radiator control.
We will correct this error in a future FRITZ!OS update for FRITZ!Boxes that are part of our current product range. We cannot give you an exact release date for the update yet.
Note:Depending on the FRITZ!Box model, the update will either be made available in the "Service" area on avm.de or it will be provided directly by your provider.
You can change the unique name of the radiator control in the FRITZ!Box user interface until a new FRITZ!OS update is available:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Select the option "All smart home devices" in the drop-down list "viewing".
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective device.
- Enter the desired name under "Name".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.