FRITZ!DECT 301 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!DECT 301 is detected as FRITZ!DECT 300 or Comet DECT
With some FRITZ!Box products, an incorrect product name may be displayed for FRITZ!DECT 301. The radiator control is displayed with the product name "FRITZ!DECT 300" or "Comet DECT" in the "Home Network" menu of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
This is due to a display error. This does not affect the functioning of the radiator control.
Note:You can tell the difference between FRITZ!DECT 301 from FRITZ!DECT 300 by looking at the housing. FRITZ!DECT 301 has a rocker switch, for example, and FRITZ!DECT 300 has a setting wheel.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!Box.
2 Changing the name of the radiator control
If FRITZ!OS 7 or later is not available for your FRITZ!Box, the problem may persist with some FRITZ!Box products. In this case, change the name of the radiator control in the FRITZ!Box user interface:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Select the option "All smart home devices" from the drop-down list "viewing".
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective device.
- Enter the desired name under "Name".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.