FRITZ!Box 7590 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Transmitting own telephone number (outgoing caller ID)
Your telephone number can be automatically transmitted when making calls. It is then shown in the telephone display of the person you are calling.
- Your telephony provider must have enabled Calling Line Identification Restriction (CLIR) on a call-by-call basis for your telephone line.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
- Enter #514*0*#91** on your telephone and press the call key (lift the receiver).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.
2 Transmitting outgoing caller ID when using call through
If you have configured "call through" in the FRITZ!Box and then use this function to make a call, your caller ID will not be transmitted automatically. However, you can transmit the telephone number of the telephone line that your FRITZ!Box is connected to on a call-by-call basis (only for one call):
- Enter the prefix #31# before entering the telephone number you want to be routed to.
Important:The number of the telephone line you are calling the FRITZ!Box from cannot be transmitted.
3 Disabling the CLIR function
To transmit your telephone number to the parties you call, you must disable CLIR (Calling Line Identification Restriction) in the FRITZ!Box or your telephone. The procedure depends on the type of telephone you are using:
Disabling CLIR for analog and cordless telephones
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective telephone device.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Disable the option "Calling line identification restriction (CLIR)".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Disabling CLIR for IP telephones
- Disable the CLIR function directly on the IP telephone. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
Note:You can disable CLIR in FRITZ!App Fon by tapping "More > Settings > Tel. No. Suppressed".
Disabling CLIR for ISDN telephones
- Disable the CLIR function directly on the ISDN telephone. Refer to the device's manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.