- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
"Info" LED flashes red or several LEDs flash continuously
The "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box flashes red or several LEDs on the FRITZ!Box flash continuously. The error occurred after updating FRITZ!OS manually or automatically. You may not be able to open the FRITZ!Box user interface any more and the browser only displays a white page with the error message "firmwarecfg: ERROR Error: opening page ../html/index.html".
The cache of the web browser must be cleared before you perform the following steps:
- Press "CTRL + Shift + Del" at the same time on the keyboard, or press "CMD + Alt + E" for Safari.
- In the new window, click "Clear" or press Enter.
2 Checking whether the update was successful
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface. If the user interface is not displayed, use the recovery tool to reset the FRITZ!Box. Using the recovery tool installs the update.
- Click "System" and then "Update".
- Click the "Find New FRITZ!OS" button.
- The update was successful if no new version is found.
- If a newer version is found, repeat the online update. If the online update fails, continue with the next section and update manually.
3 Updating manually
Downloading the FRITZ!OS file
- Call up ftp.avm.de/fritzbox/ in your web browser.
- Switch to the folder for your FRITZ!Box model, then to the subfolder "other", and then to the folder "fritz.os".
Note:The complete model name of your FRITZ!Box is displayed in the FRITZ!Box user interface on the "Overview" page and on the underside of the device.
- Download the file with the extension ".image" to the computer.
Repeating the update process
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS file" tab. If the tab is not displayed, enable the Advanced View.
- Click "Save Settings".
Note:Save your FRITZ!Box settings again under "System > Backup" after completing the installation. Then you can always restore it to a working configuration.
- Click the "Browse..." or "Choose File" button.
- Select the FRITZ!OS file that you downloaded (image file).
- Click the "Start Update" button.
4 Resetting the FRITZ!Box
If a manual update is also not possible, use the recovery tool to install the latest FRITZ!OS:
Saving the FRITZ!Box settings
- Save the FRITZ!Box settings.
Applying the recovery tool
- Use the recovery tool to reset the FRITZ!Box.
Restoring the FRITZ!Box settings
- Restore the FRITZ!Box settings.
AVM Section Navigation