- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Setting up FRITZ!Box for internet access via the mobile network (LTE/UMTS)
With an additional mobile broadband dongle, the FRITZ!Box can also establish the internet connection via the mobile communications network. All you have to do is connect the mobile broadband dongle to the FRITZ!Box and enter the PIN in the FRITZ!Box user interface, and the complete FRITZ!Box range of functions for internet, telephony, and multimedia is then available to all devices in your home network without restriction.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The mobile broadband dongle must support the mobile standard LTE (4G) or UMTS/HSPA (3G).
- The mobile broadband dongle must support the AT command set or USB tethering.
- Depending on the mobile network operator, functions that require a public IP address (for example incoming VPN connections) are either not available or only available to a limited extent.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Connecting a mobile broadband dongle to the FRITZ!Box
- With the SIM card inserted, connect the mobile broadband dongle to a USB port on the FRITZ!Box.
2 Configuring the internet connection in the FRITZ!Box
Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click Mobile Network (or "Mobile Communications") in the "Internet" menu.
- If the mobile network should always be used for the internet connection, enable the option "Internet connection via mobile communications enabled".
- If the mobile network should only be used for the internet connection when the DSL connection fails, enable the option "Simple Failover Protection / Fallback Mode for DSL".
- If the mobile network should be used for the internet connection when the DSL or WAN connection fails, for example when the DSL connection is interrupted or there are PPPoE errors, enable the option "Simple Failover Protection / Fallback Mode for DSL".
- Enter the PIN for the SIM card of the mobile broadband dongle in the "PIN" field.
Important:If you enter the wrong PIN three times, you must enter the PUK. Refer to your mobile network operator for information on your PIN or PUK.
- Select your provider from the drop-down list "Mobile network provider". If your provider is not displayed:
- Select "Other operator".
- Enter the account information you received from your mobile network operator in the corresponding fields.
Note:You cannot change the account information for preconfigured mobile network operators.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
The FRITZ!Box now establishes all internet connections using the mobile broadband dongle connected to it.
Note:If the mobile broadband dongle supports "CSV" (Circuit Switched Voice), you can also enter the SIM card's mobile telephone number in the FRITZ!Box and assign it to telephones connected to it.
AVM Section Navigation