Setting up telephony on the Mesh Repeater
You can automatically transmit all of the telephone numbers configured in the Mesh Master to a FRITZ!Box that is configured as a Mesh Repeater. The telephone numbers can then be used for all of the telephones connected to the Mesh Repeater.
During setup, the Mesh Repeater receives up to 20 internet and landline numbers from the Mesh Master. If new telephone numbers are configured in the Mesh Master, they are automatically transmitted to the Mesh Repeater.
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!OS 7 or later is installed on the Mesh Master and the Mesh Repeater.
1 Activating telephony
- Click "Home Network" in the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click "Mesh" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Mesh Settings" tab.
- In the section "Using Telephony in the Mesh", click the "Share" link next to the respective Mesh Repeater and on the Mesh Master, confirm that the procedure may be executed if asked to do so.
2 Enabling calls to international and premium numbers
After setting up telephony in the Mesh, only calls to national and emergency numbers can be made from the Mesh Repeater. You can disable this security feature:
- Click on "Telephony" in the user interface of the Mesh Master.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Line Settings" tab.
- Click on "Change selection" in the section "Security".
- Disable the option for the Mesh Repeater that is allowed to dial international and premium numbers.
- Click "OK" to save the settings and on the Mesh Master, confirm that the procedure may be executed if asked to do so.
3 Using the telephone book of the Mesh Master
If you enable this feature, all of the telephone books on the Mesh Master are available on the Mesh Repeater. In the Mesh Repeater you can edit telephone book entries and create new local telephone books. All changes are saved in the Mesh Master. However, online telephone books can only be set up in the Mesh Master:
- Click on "Home Network" in the user interface of the Mesh Repeater.
- Click on "Mesh" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Mesh Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Use the telephone book of the Mesh Master".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
4 Making internal calls
If you want to make internal calls, you must first make a broadcast call (**9) once with each of the telephones connected to each of the FRITZ!Boxes. The broadcast call adds the telephones to the internal telephone books of all the other FRITZ!Boxes. On FRITZ!Fons, the telephones are then also displayed when you press the "INT" key.
Note:You can find the internal numbers of the telephony devices under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers" in the user interface of the respective FRITZ!Box.
5 Functions supported by the Mesh Repeater
You can make internal calls on the Mesh Repeater and use the functions CLIP (displaying caller's telephone number) and CLIR (blocking your telephone number from being displayed). We cannot guarantee that other functions can be used. This is the case with busy on busy and call-back on busy / no response, for example. In addition, neither faxing nor data connections are reliable.
How many calls can be conducted depends on the Mesh Master. Depending on the FRITZ!Box model, between two and four calls can be conducted at the same time. The Mesh Master counts each call conducted via the Mesh Repeater as an internet call with an IP telephone.
The Mesh Repeater does not function as a DECT repeater. It is therefore not possible to switch from the DECT area of the Mesh Master to the DECT area of the Mesh Repeater or vice versa while conducting a call. However, you can register a cordless telephone with both FRITZ!Boxes and manually select the desired access point.
Note:If you need a DECT repeater, you can use the FRITZ!DECT Repeater 100 instead, for example.
AVM Section Navigation