FRITZ!Box 7590 Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Powerline is not marked with Mesh symbol
Although the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is connected to the FRITZ!Box and displayed in the Mesh overview, the Mesh symbol is missing.
Once FRITZ!Powerline adapters with wireless support have been integrated into the Mesh, they are marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview. FRITZ!Powerline adapters without wireless support (for example FRITZ!Powerline 1220E) are only marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview if a Mesh Repeater is connected with the Mesh Master via this FRITZ!Powerline adapter.
Fig.: FRITZ!Powerline adapter not marked with Mesh symbol in Mesh Master
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click on "Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click "Find New FRITZ!OS".
- Click the "Start Update" button.
2 Disabling the Mesh Master's keylock
You can only integrate devices into the Mesh by pushing a button. Therefore, disable keylock in the Mesh Master:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the "Buttons locked" checkbox.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Integrating FRITZ!Powerline adapter into the Mesh at the touch of a button
Push a button to quickly and easily integrate devices into the Mesh:
Important:You cannot use the "Start WPS" button in the user interface to integrate devices into the Mesh.
- Briefly push the connect button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. All of the LEDs start to flash after you release the connect button.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the Mesh Master until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 6890 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560 WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the Mesh Master marks the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview.