FRITZ!Box 7590 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Listening to messages while they are being recorded
Your FRITZ!Fon allows you to listen in on messages while they are being recorded on the FRITZ!Box answering machine. Messages are automatically played over the telephones's speaker.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "DECT" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Cordless Telephones" in the "DECT" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Enable the option "Listen in on the answering machine".
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Now messages are automatically played over your telephone's loudspeaker while the answering machine records them, and you can also answer the call while listening. Since the DECT base station allows you to conduct a maximum of three calls at the same time, the message will be played on up to three telephones at the same time.