FRITZ!Box 7590 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
FRITZ!NAS does not display all available files and folders
Not all files or folders on a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box are displayed on http://fritz.nas. When you use the Windows Explorer to access the USB storage device or connect the USB storage device to a computer, all of the files and folders are displayed.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
2 Updating the file index
The FRITZ!Box only indexes files automatically if they are copied to http://fritz.nas using a web browser. Files copied to a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box using the Windows Explorer or other applications are not displayed until the FRITZ!Box's file index is updated.
Use the FRITZ!Box user interface, a FRITZ!Fon, or a playback device or software that supports UPnP (for example a smartphone with VLC media player to update the file index:
Updating the file index using the FRITZ!Box user interface
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- In the table "Storage on the FRITZ!Box", click on "not created" or "was created" for every storage listed that contains files.
Using FRITZ!Fon to update the file index
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Select "Home Network" and then press "OK".
- "Media player" > "OK" > "AVM FRITZ!Mediaserver" > "OK" > "File index" > "OK" > "Start Indexing"
Updating the file index using UPnP
- Call up the FRITZ!Box media server on a playback device or software that supports UPnP.
- Click "File Index" and then "Start Indexing".
3 Folder "FRITZ" is not indexed
The FRITZ!Box does not index any files in the folder "FRITZ" because it uses the directory "FRITZ" as a cache and for its database files, for example for the media server. The FRITZ!Box only shows received faxes and messages recorded by the answering machine here (faxbox, voicebox), but not the folder "mediabox" or other files and directories.
If you saved files in the folder "FRITZ" or a subfolder of "FRITZ", set up the storage as a network drive and move the files to another directory.
4 Adjusting the FRITZ!Box user rights
If you enter a user name and password to access FRITZ!NAS, make sure that the respective FRITZ!Box user is allowed to access all of the folders:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "FRITZ!Box Users" in the "System" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the user who should be allowed to access the storage (NAS).
- Click the "Add Directory" button.
- Enable the option "All storage available on the FRITZ!Box" and click "OK".
ATTENTION!If you grant access to all folders, then the user can access all of the faxes, answering machine messages, and any online storage you may have configured.
- In the "Directory" section, assign the user read and write permission to the storage.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.