FRITZ!Box 7590 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
Files cannot be copied to FRITZ!NAS
You cannot use the FRITZ!NAS user interface (http://fritz.nas) to copy files to a USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box, although there is enough space on the storage device. The web browser (for example Firefox, Chrome, Safari) either does not react when you click the "Add" button in the FRITZ!NAS user interface or the copying procedure is terminated immediately after clicking "Add". The following error message may be displayed:
"Copying complete. 1 file was not copied."
1 File or partition size is not supported
The FRITZ!NAS interface (http://fritz.nas) supports:
- Files up to 4 gigabytes in size,
- Partitions up to 4 terabytes in size.
The FRITZ!NAS user interface does not support the copying of files larger than 4 gigabytes in size or the copying of files to a partition that is 4 terabytes or larger.
Note:You can download files regardless of file or partition size. If a hard drive has partitions that are larger than 4 terabytes in size, then the FRITZ!Box user interface (under "Home Network > USB Devices > Properties" and "Home Network > Storage (NAS)") displays "0 Byte" as its storage capacity.
If you are using a USB storage device with partitions up to 4 terabytes in size:
- Configure the USB storage on the computer as a network drive.
- Use the Windows Explorer or macOS Finder to copy files larger than 4 gigabytes to the storage device.
- If you want to copy the files over the internet, set up internet access using the FTP protocol.
If you are using a USB storage device with partitions that are 4 terabytes or larger:
- Reformat the storage device. Only create a maximum of four partitions, all of which must be smaller than four terabytes in size.
ATTENTION!Before you reformat the USB storage device, back up your data first because all of the data on it will be deleted during the process. Refer to the manufacturer for information on the formatting procedure.