- FRITZ!Box 7583 VDSL
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5530 Fiber
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Using wireless speakers in the FRITZ!Box home network
Wireless speakers are easy to set up and let you enjoy your music wherever you want. If your wireless speaker supports WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you can simply push a button to connect it to the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi network.
Then you can use the wireless speaker right away for music playback, for example to play music from your smartphone directly over the speaker.
If you copy your music collection to a USB storage device and connect it to the FRITZ!Box, you can then transmit your music directly from the FRITZ!Box to the speakers via Wi-Fi. In addition to using your computer control music playback, you can also use your smartphone, tablet, or FRITZ!Fon.
Example configuration in this guide
In this guide we show you how to configure a wireless speaker from Sony's SA line (for example SA-NS310, 410 or 510). These speakers support WPS as well as the AirPlay protocol, which makes them easy to set up and suitable for use with Apple devices.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The wireless speaker must support the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) standard or be certified by the DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Connecting the wireless speaker to the FRITZ!Box
Preparing the FRITZ!Box for WPS
The FRITZ!Box is already prepared for WPS in the factory settings. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's Wi-Fi settings, configure the following settings:
- Click "Wi-Fi" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wi-Fi" menu.
- Click on the "WPS Quick Connection" tab.
- Enable WPS.
- Click "Start WPS" to save the settings.
Establishing a Wi-Fi connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Plug in the power adapter of the wireless speaker.
- Push and hold down the "WPS" button on the back of the wireless speaker for about 3 seconds until the "LINK" LED on the speaker starts to flash. Depending on the model, the LED will either be on the front or the back of the speaker.
- Push and hold down the "Connect/WPS" button on the FRITZ!Box for about 1 second until the "Connect/WPS" LED starts to flash.
2 Playing music from the FRITZ!Box Media Server on the wireless speaker
If you use the FRITZ!Box as a media server, you can access your central media collection from all devices in the home network. You can easily play music files, internet radio stations, or podcasts with your smartphone, tablet, or FRITZ!Fon, for example, and then play them directly through the wireless speaker.
Setting up the FRITZ!Box as a media server
- Set up the FRITZ!Box as a media server.
Controlling music playback with FRITZ!Fon
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Select "Home Network" and then press "OK".
- "Media player" > "OK" > "Options" > "Destination: [...]" > "Selection"
- Select the wireless speaker and press "OK".
Now the music that you play with FRITZ!Fon is played through the wireless speaker.
Note:If you also want to be able to play music while conducting calls with FRITZ!Fon, select the "To background" function in the "Media player" menu under "Options". If you select "Take control", your music returns the foreground.
Controlling music playback with a smartphone / tablet
AVM Section Navigation