FRITZ!Box 7590 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Callers hear a busy signal instead of a ringing tone if a call is already being conducted via FRITZ!Box
Callers hear a busy signal instead of a ringing tone if a telephone call is already being conducted via the FRITZ!Box.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" or "Properties" tab.
- Disable the option "Call rejection on busy (busy on busy)".
- Enable the option "Call waiting". With ISDN telephones, you must enable the option directly in the telephone. Information on how to set it up can be obtained from the device's manufacturer, for example refer to the manual.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
If both calls are made using the same telephone number, it must be possible to use the telephone number for two simultaneous connections. This is usually the case for internet numbers, but never possible on analog landlines. If callers still hear a busy signal, the telephone number can only be used for one connection, which is why your telephony provider sends callers a "busy" signal.