FRITZ!Box 7590 Service - Knowledge Base
Integrating FRITZ!Powerline into the Mesh via wireless LAN
Integrate your FRITZ!Powerline adapter into your FRITZ!Box's Mesh via wireless LAN to easily and efficiently increase the wireless range (WiFi) of your home network. As a Mesh Repeater, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter automatically adopts all of the wireless settings from the FRITZ!Box (Mesh Master), such as wireless access information and guest access, and can be used directly by all wireless devices in the home network.
As soon as the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is integrated into the Mesh, it is marked in the user interface of the Mesh Master with the Mesh symbol :
Fig.: Mesh overview with FRITZ!Powerline in wireless bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the factory settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter must be set to factory settings:
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the home network
- Use a network cable to connect the FRITZ!Powerline adapter to a LAN port in your home network (for example on FRITZ!Box or FRITZ!Repeater).
3 Setting up the FRITZ!Powerline adapter as a wireless bridge
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the user interface of FRITZ!Powerline.
- Click the "Change type of connection" button in the "Access to Home Network" menu.
- Enable the option "Wireless bridge" and click "Next".
- In the list "Radio Networks (WLANs) Found", select the name (SSID) of your FRITZ!Box and click "Next".
- Enter the wireless settings and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save the settings.
- The "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter remains lit as soon as setup is completed.
- Clear the LAN connection between the FRITZ!Powerline adapter and FRITZ!Box.
4 Integrating FRITZ!Powerline adapter into the Mesh at the touch of a button
Integrate the FRITZ!Powerline adapter into the Mesh so that it automatically adopts the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings:
- Briefly push the connect button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. All of the LEDs start to flash after you release the connect button.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the FRITZ!Box until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 7520, 6890 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6591, 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5491, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490, 6430 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560, 7362 SL WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581, 7580 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is marked with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview of the FRITZ!Box.
5 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
To optimally increase the range, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter requires a fast and stable wireless connection to the home network:
- Position the FRITZ!Powerline adapter where the quality of the home network's wireless signal is good.