FRITZ!Box 7583 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
Using a television in the FRITZ!Box home network
If your television has a network port or is equipped with wireless LAN (WiFi), you can simply connect it to a LAN port or the wireless network of your FRITZ!Box. The television can then access the internet and be used as a playback device for multimedia content such as photos, videos, or music.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
In the factory settings, the FRITZ!Box automatically assigns the correct IP settings to all devices via DHCP. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, reenable it:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button. If the button is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring the television
Make sure that the television obtains its IP settings from the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the television to automatically obtain IP settings via DHCP (this is the standard setting for most televisions). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting the television to the FRITZ!Box
- Either use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the television to the FRITZ!Box.