FRITZ!Box 7583 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Transmission rate of LAN connections is only 100 Mbit/s
The maximum transmission rate of the LAN connection between the FRITZ!Box and a computer, NAS system, or other devices is 100 Mbit/s, although the device supports 1 Gbit/s (Gigabit Ethernet).
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Adjusting the FRITZ!Box's LAN settings
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Enable the option "Power Mode" for all LAN ports that should achieve transmission rates of up to 1 Gbit/s.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
2 Testing a different cable
The device may be connected to the FRITZ!Box by means of a network cable that is too long, incorrectly wired, or defective:
- Use a high-quality network cable that is as short as possible (for example the yellow cable included with the FRITZ!Box) to connect the device to the FRITZ!Box.
Note:Any standard STP-type (Shielded Twisted Pair, 1:1) CAT5e Ethernet cable that is no longer than 100 m can be used to connect a device to the FRITZ!Box.