- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7530 AX
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6850 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5530 Fiber
Configuring the FRITZ!Box for use with other FRITZ!Boxes
You want to connect two FRITZ!Boxes so that the second FRITZ!Box uses the first one's internet connection? ✓ Configuration is really simple.
You can connect your FRITZ!Box to an existing FRITZ!Box and configure it so that it uses the first one's internet connection. This allows you to:
- completely integrate all of the devices connected to the second FRITZ!Box into your home network. You can use these devices to access the internet as well as other devices in the home network, and they can use all of the functions offered by the FRITZ!Box connected to the internet.
- also use all of the telephone numbers configured in the FRITZ!Box connected to the internet with telephones connected to the second FRITZ!Box.
You can either use a network cable or your home's electrical wiring (powerline) to establish a network connection between the FRITZ!Boxes. Which connection type is best depends on the operational environment and demands on the data transmission rate.
1 Connecting FRITZ!Boxes with a network cable
A LAN connection between the FRITZ!Boxes makes sense if
- the LAN connection is easy to establish, for example using the existing cabling in your home.
- you need gigabit data rates in the home network, for example to transmit several 4K video streams at the same time.
Just follow these steps: Integrating FRITZ!Box into the home network via network cable
2 Connecting FRITZ!Boxes over powerline
A powerline connection to the FRITZ!Box makes sense if
- you cannot use a network cable to establish a direct connection.
Just follow these steps: Integrating a FRITZ!Box into the home network via powerline
AVM Section Navigation