- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 4040
FRITZ!Box does not detect a mobile broadband dongle
The FRITZ!Box does not detect a mobile broadband dongle. The dongle is not displayed in the user interface under "Home Network > USB Devices > Overview of Devices" when you connect it to the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
2 Removing and reconnecting the mobile communications dongle
- Remove the mobile communications dongle from the FRITZ!Box.
- After a couple of seconds, reconnect the mobile communications dongle to the FRITZ!Box.
- Check whether the problem still occurs.
- If the problem no longer exists, then it was caused by an error we are currently examining. We will correct it as soon as possible in a FRITZ!OS update for the FRITZ!Box. We cannot give you a release date for the update yet.
Note:You can have the push service notify you by email when new updates are available. In addition, you can configure the FRITZ!Box so that new updates are installed automatically. You can enable these options under "System > Push Service" or "System > Update > Auto Update" in the user interface.
3 Samsung GT-B3740 is not supported
Samsung's mobile broadband dongle GT-B3740 cannot be used with the FRITZ!Box's USB port because Samsung designed this LTE dongle for use with manufacturer-specific interfaces. This is not an error on the part of the FRITZ!Box, this is due to technical reasons on the part of the Samsung dongle.
Note:Some mobile network operators offer the LTE dongle GT-B3740 under their own name. The FRITZ!Box detects the LTE dongle GT-B3740 as a USB storage device.
4 Checking whether the mobile broadband dongle is working properly
- For testing purposes, connect the mobile broadband dongle directly to a USB port on your computer.
- If the computer does not detect the mobile broadband dongle, then the mobile broadband dongle is defective. In this case, contact the manufacturer.
5 Connecting a mobile broadband dongle directly to the FRITZ!Box
The following step is only necessary if the mobile broadband dongle is connected to the FRITZ!Box via a USB hub:
- For testing purposes, connect the mobile broadband dongle directly to the FRITZ!Box (i.e. without a USB hub).
- If the mobile broadband dongle is now detected, then the USB hub is either defective or it does not support the mobile broadband dongle you connected.
AVM Section Navigation