FRITZ!Box reports "Could not complete the indexing of the storage medium"
The FRITZ!Box cannot generate the file index for one or more storage devices. When you try to update the file index with the FRITZ!Box user interface, the error message "Could not complete the indexing of the storage medium" is displayed.
- The file index is corrupt, the storage in question is write-protected, or there is not enough space available on the storage.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Removing write protection
- Make sure that the USB storage device is not write-protected. Some USB memory sticks have a write-protection switch to enable write protection, for example.
2 Freeing up storage space
- Make sure that at least 10% of the storage capacity on the affected storage is available.
3 Deleting the file index
- Change to the directory \FRITZ\mediabox on the storage device via SMB or FTP, for example with the Windows Explorer.
- Delete the database files for the file index. The file extension of the file index is ".db3", and the file name may vary, for example fritznasdb_part.db3 or fritznasdb_ptmp.db3.
4 Generating a new file index
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Storage (NAS)" in the "Home Network" menu.
- In the table "Storage on the FRITZ!Box", click on "not created" or "was created" for every storage listed that contains files.
AVM Section Navigation