FRITZ!Box 7582 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
Setting up room monitoring (baby monitor)
Together with a FRITZ!Fon or a telephone connected to an analog port of the FRITZ!Box, you can turn your FRITZ!Box into a baby monitor. When room monitoring is enabled, the telephone automatically calls another telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box or an external line (for example in the neighboring apartment) if a certain noise level is reached.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Room monitoring can only be used with telephones connected to the analog ports on the FRITZ!Box. Cordless telephones can only be used if they are equipped with this function. All FRITZ!Fon models support room monitoring.
1 Enabling room monitoring on FRITZ!Fon
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Supplementary services" and press "OK".
- "Baby monitor" > "OK"
- "Destination no." > "OK"
- If you want to have a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box called, press "Options" and select the internal telephone number or the corresponding telephone book entry.
- If you want to have an external line called, enter the destination telephone number or press "Options" and select the corresponding telephone book entry.
- Select "Activation" and press "OK".
- Select "Options", define the sensitivity level, and press "OK". The call is triggered as soon as the bar is full. The higher the sensitivity, the less the ambient noise needed to trigger it.
- Place the telephone in the desired position.
- Room monitoring is disabled as soon as you leave the "Baby Monitor active" menu. When room monitoring is enabled, the telephone switches to silent mode and does not ring when you receive a call.
2 Enabling room monitoring on an analog telephone
- pick up the handset of the telephone you would like to use for room monitoring.
- Enter the sequence *4[level]*[number]#.
- [level] = Any number from level 1 (very sensitive) to level 8.
- [number] = number of an external line or internal number of a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box or 9 (all telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box ring).
Note:You can find the internal numbers of the telephony devices in the FRITZ!Box user interface under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers".
If you want the telephone to call the external number 1234 as soon as there is even a low level of noise, enter *41*1234#.
- Do not hang up the handset. Instead, place it next to the child's bed, for example.
Note:Room monitoring is disabled as soon as you hang up.