FRITZ!Box 7581 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
Creating a MyFRITZ! account and setting it up in the FRITZ!Box
MyFRITZ! keeps you informed about the status of your FRITZ! products, available updates and other news, and provides secure access to your FRITZ!Box via the internet. This way you can do the following with your smartphone, tablet or computer from anywhere in the world at any time:
- check the FRITZ!Box's call list and listen to voice messages recorded by the answering machine.
- access FRITZ!NAS to upload or download files, or play multimedia contents.
- check the status information and change settings in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- control smart home devices in the FRITZ!Box home network (for example FRITZ!DECT 200) and check the power consumption of the connected devices.
Your personal data is stored exclusively in the FRITZ!Box at all times and is not transferred to AVM's MyFRITZ! service or to any other service or provider.
To use MyFRITZ!, you only need to create a personal MyFRITZ! account and set it up in your FRITZ!Box. Please take note of the MyFRITZ! terms and conditions of use.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the internet service provider.
Important:When used on a DS-Lite internet connection, the FRITZ!Box is only accessible from the internet over IPv6. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Creating a MyFRITZ! account and setting it up in the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "MyFRITZ! Account" in the "Internet" menu.
- If the option "MyFRITZ! enabled for this FRITZ!Box" is displayed, enable it and then click the "Another MyFRITZ! account" link to the right of the email address.
- Enable the option "Create a new MyFRITZ! account".
- Enter your email address in the "Email address" field.
- Enter a new password that you have not yet used in the "Enter MyFRITZ! password" field and click "Next".
Note:In the future you will need the MyFRITZ! password to log in to the MyFRITZ! service on myfritz.net. Then myfritz.net redirects you to your FRITZ!Box.
- If you have not set up any users in the FRITZ!Box yet, set up a user for internet access to your FRITZ!Box.
- If you already set up a user for your email address in the FRITZ!Box, this user is automatically selected for internet access to your FRITZ!Box.
- If you set up users without email addresses in the FRITZ!Box, either select an existing user or click the "New user" button and set up a new user for internet access to your FRITZ!Box.
Note:You need the FRITZ!Box user to log in to your FRITZ!Box once you have been redirected to it by myfritz.net. The password for this FRITZ!Box user is not transmitted to the MyFRITZ! service. Instead, it is only stored in your FRITZ!Box.
- Click "Next".
- Now MyFRITZ! will send an email to the email address you entered.
- Click "OK" in the "Conclude Registration" window.
- Open the email from MyFRITZ!.
Important:If you you did not receive the email, then your email provider or email client probably mistook it for unsolicited advertising (spam) and therefore does not display it in your inbox. In this case, check the spam folder of your email inbox.
- Click the "Confirm MyFRITZ! Registration" button to complete registration.
- Now MyFRITZ! will send you an email confirming that your MyFRITZ! account was successfully created.
Once you have finished setting it up, the FRITZ!Box automatically registers with MyFRITZ! (see fig.) and you can use myfritz.net to access your FRITZ!Box.
Fig.: MyFRITZ! account in the FRITZ!Box user interface