FRITZ!Box 7581 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3390
- FRITZ!Box 3370
- FRITZ!Box 3272
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater 450E
Determining the FRITZ!Box's MAC address
A MAC address (Media Access Control address) serves to unambiguously identify a device in the network.
The MAC address by which the FRITZ!Box can be reached by another network device (such as a computer) depends on which network interface (LAN, wireless LAN (WiFi)) the network device is using to communicate with the FRITZ!Box.
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface.
1 Determining the FRITZ!Box's wireless MAC address
The MAC address by which the FRITZ!Box can be reached by another network device over wireless LAN depends on whether the 5 GHz frequency band or the 2.4 GHz frequency band is used to establish the wireless connection:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of the MAC address listed in section "2.4-GHz frequency band" or "5-GHz frequency band".
2 Determining the FRITZ!Box's LAN MAC address
You can determine the FRITZ!Box's LAN MAC address using a Windows computer connected to a LAN port on the FRITZ!Box:
- Press the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R.
- Enter cmd in the "Open" field and click "OK".
- Enter ping nslookup fritz.box in the command prompt window and press Enter.
- Make note of the IP address of the FRITZ!Box displayed next to the entry "Address:".
- Enter arp -a [IP address of the FRITZ!Box] and press Enter.
arp - a 192.168.178.1
Fig.: Using nslookup to determine the MAC address
- Make note of the MAC address of the FRITZ!Box displayed under the entry "Physical Address".