FRITZ!Box 7581 Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
- FRITZ!Box 4020
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C
FRITZ!Repeater is not marked with Mesh symbol
Although the FRITZ!Repeater is connected to the FRITZ!Box and displayed in the Mesh overview, the Mesh symbol is missing.
Fig.: FRITZ!Repeater not marked with Mesh symbol in Mesh Master
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Repeater
- Click "System" in the user interface of the FRITZ!Repeater.
- Click on "Update" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "FRITZ!OS version" tab.
- Click the "Find New FRITZ!OS" button.
- Click the "Start Update" button.
2 Disabling the Mesh Master's keylock
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Keylock" tab.
- Disable the "Buttons locked" checkbox.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 Integrating the FRITZ!Repeater into the Mesh at the touch of a button
Push a button to quickly and easily integrate devices into the Mesh:
Important:You cannot use the "Start WPS" button in the user interface to integrate devices into the Mesh.
- Briefly push the "WPS" or "Connect" button on the FRITZ!Repeater (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. The "WLAN" LED starts to flash or the "Connect" LED starts to flash quickly after you release the button.
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the Mesh Master until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up:
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 6890 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560 WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the Mesh Master marks the FRITZ!Repeater with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview.