FRITZ!Box 7581 Service - Knowledge Base
Since updating FRITZ!OS, "Power" LED flashes
Since updating FRITZ!OS, the FRITZ!Box can no longer establish a DSL connection. The FRITZ!Box's "Power" LED flashes continuously since the update and the following error message is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "DSL not responding (no DSL synchronization)"
Important:Some of the settings described here are only displayed if the advanced view is enabled in the user interface. The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Restarting the FRITZ!Box
- Unplug the FRITZ!Box.
- Plug the FRITZ!Box back in after about 5 seconds.
Note:The FRITZ!Box settings remain intact. The restart will take about 2 minutes. During this time, you cannot access the FRITZ!Box.
2 Checking the event log of the FRITZ!Box
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Event Log" in the "System" menu.
- Check whether the error message "DSL not responding" is constantly displayed, or whether the FRITZ!Box establishes an intermittent DSL connection and then displays the message when the connection drops.
- If the message "DSL not responding" is constantly displayed, proceed with the following section.
- If the error message "DSL not responding" is not constantly displayed, follow the instructions given in our guide FRITZ!Box reports that the DSL connection drops frequently.
3 Resetting the interference resistance
Set the control for interference resistance to "Maximum Performance" since otherwise you will not be able to establish a DSL connection with some DSL lines:
Note:The interference resistance should only be changed if your DSL connection is occasionally interrupted (for example due to brief disturbances on the DSL line).
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "DSL Information" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Line Settings" tab.
- Click on the "Reset Setting" link.
- Now the interference resistance is automatically set to "Maximum Performance".