FRITZ!Box 7581 Service - Knowledge Base
Certain settings are missing from the FRITZ!Box user interface
You want to use or configure a certain function in the FRITZ!Box user interface. However, the corresponding settings, for example menu items or buttons, are not displayed although these settings are present in the user interface of a different FRITZ!Box of the same type.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Enabling the advanced view
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click the three dot menu in the upper-right corner of the user interface.
- Click the on/off switch to enable the advanced view.
Fig.: Enabling the advanced view
- The advanced view is enabled when the on/off switch is green .
2 Enabling the wireless network
Some wireless settings are only displayed if the wireless network is enabled:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the wireless network for the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency band. If the option "Wireless radio network enabled" is only displayed once, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
3 The provider updates FRITZ!OS
If you received your FRITZ!Box from your internet service provider, the provider hides the "Update" menu because the provider automatically installs the new FRITZ!OS. It is therefore not possible to install an update using the FRITZ!Box user interface. Refer to your provider for information on the new FRITZ!OS version and possible dates.
4 FRITZ!Box is configured as a Mesh Repeater / IP client
If the FRITZ!Box is configured as a "Mesh Repeater / IP client" under "Internet > Account Information", all of the settings that cannot be used in this operating mode are hidden. This is the case with port sharing, dynamic DNS, IP settings, the online meter, and DSL information. If the upstream router makes these functions available, you can configure them in the router. These settings are only available in the FRITZ!Box if the FRITZ!Box establishes the internet connection, for example when being used as a DSL router.