Integrating FRITZ!Powerline into the Mesh via powerline
Integrate your FRITZ!Powerline adapter into the Mesh of your FRITZ!Box via powerline to increase the Wi-Fi range of your home network easily and efficiently. As a Mesh Repeater, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter then automatically adopts all of the settings from the FRITZ!Box (Mesh Master), such as Wi-Fi access information and guest access. In the Mesh, your wireless devices automatically connect to the wireless access point with the best Wi-Fi reception.
From then on, you can simply make changes in the Mesh in the Mesh Master. The Mesh Master automatically transmits the new settings to all Mesh Repeaters. If you still want to access the user interface of the Mesh Repeater, use the password from the Mesh Masters to log into the Mesh Repeater.
As soon as the FRITZ!Powerline adapter is integrated into the Mesh, it is marked in the user interface of the Mesh Master with the Mesh symbol :
Fig.: Mesh overview with FRITZ!Powerline in powerline bridge mode
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Loading the factory settings of the FRITZ!Powerline adapter
In order to perform the following steps, the FRITZ!Powerline adapter must be set to factory settings:
- Push the corresponding button on the device:
Model Button Duration FRITZ!Powerline 540E / 546E "WLAN/WPS" and "Powerline · Security" 10 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1240E "WLAN-WPS/Powerline · Security" 15 seconds FRITZ!Powerline 1260E "Connect" 15 seconds
- All of the LEDs flash once during this process. The "Power" LED or "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.
2 Connecting the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the home network
- Connect FRITZ!Powerline adapters without wireless support to a LAN port in your home network (for example on a FRITZ!Box, FRITZ!Repeater).
3 Connecting FRITZ!Powerline adapters with each other
FRITZ!Powerline adapters from a set are already connected with each other and do not require any additional settings before being used. If you bought the FRITZ!Powerline adapters individually, you must connect the powerline adapters with each other first:
4 Integrating FRITZ!Powerline adapter into the Mesh at the touch of a button
- Briefly push the connect button on the FRITZ!Powerline adapter (for about 1 second) and let go of it again. When you release the connect button, all of the LEDs start to flash.
FRITZ!Powerline model Connect button FRITZ!Powerline 1260E Connect FRITZ!Powerline 1240E WLAN - WPS
Powerline - Security
FRITZ!Powerline 546E WLAN · WPS FRITZ!Powerline 540E
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold down the connect button on the Mesh Master until its confirmation LED lights up. Other LEDs may also light up.
FRITZ!Box model Connect button Confirmation LED FRITZ!Box 7590, 7530, 6890, 6660 Connect / WPS Connect / WPS FRITZ!Box 6590 Connect / WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7490, 7430, 5490 WLAN WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6490 WLAN WPS WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7560 WLAN WLAN / DECT FRITZ!Box 7583, 7582, 7581 WPS WLAN / Info FRITZ!Box 6820, 4040, 4020, 3490 WPS WLAN
- The process is complete as soon as the Mesh Master marks the FRITZ!Powerline adapter with the Mesh symbol in the Mesh overview.
AVM Section Navigation