Configuring a mobile telephone number in the FRITZ!Box
When the FRITZ!Box is configured to access the internet via the mobile network, you can also enter the SIM card's mobile telephone number in the FRITZ!Box and assign it to your telephones. Once you have finished setting it up, the telephone number is also used to make and receive calls when the internet connection is established via DSL and not the mobile network.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The mobile broadband dongle supports the "CSV" (Circuit Switched Voice) function.
- The mobile telephone number assigned to the SIM card you are using has been enabled for voice.
- Call diversions cannot be configured for mobile telephone numbers.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Entering your location information
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Line Settings" tab.
- Select your country from the drop-down list under "Location Information". If your country is not listed, select "Other country".
- For the "Country code", enter the leading zeros in the first field and the country code in the second field (for example for Germany "00" and "49", see fig.).
- For the "Area code", enter the leading zero in the first field and the area code in the second field (for example for Berlin "0" and "30", see fig.).
Fig.: Entering the country code and area code (e.g. for Germany and Berlin)
- Click "Apply" to save the settings and confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box, if asked to do so.
2 Configuring a mobile telephone number
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Mobile Communications" in the "Internet" menu.
- Enable the option "Telephony via mobile communications".
- Enter your mobile telephone number.
- Enter a name of your choice in the "Display name" field. If the field is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
You can enter "Mobile_12345" as the display name for the number 017812345.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now your mobile telephone number will be displayed under "Telephony > Telephone Numbers" and you can assign it to your telephony devices. If you assign the number to a telephony device, it is also used for incoming and outgoing calls even when the internet connection is established via DSL and not the mobile network.
AVM Section Navigation