FRITZ!Box 7560 Service - Knowledge Base
"Info" LED flashes
The "Info" LED on your FRITZ!Box indicates various operation statuses. If the "Info" LED flashes red, it means that there is a FRITZ!Box error. If the "Info" LED flashes green, this indicates different events, for example receipt of a new message or a missed call. In this guide we describe the various causes and how to stop the flashing.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Follow the instructions in the section that describes the error you observed.
1 "Info" LED flashes red
When the "Info" LED flashes red, this often means that a FRITZ!OS update was not successful. Updates may fail during manual or automatic installation; if your FRITZ!Box is configured to install FRITZ!OS updates automatically, you may not have noticed the installation attempt. Usually, you are then no longer able to access the FRITZ!Box and various functions no longer work properly:
2 "Info" LED flashes green
Enabling Stick & Surf
If you want to use Stick & Surf to transmit the wireless security settings to a FRITZ!WLAN Stick, you must enable Stick & Surf in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Enable AVM Stick & Surf" in the "Additional Security Settings" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now you can connect your FRITZ!WLAN Stick to the FRITZ!Box again. The "Info" LED flashes while the wireless security settings are being transmitted. As soon as the "Info" LED remains lit, you can remove the FRITZ!WLAN Stick from the FRITZ!Box and connect it to your computer.
Checking which event is configured for the "Info" LED
If the "Info" LED continues to flash, an event was selected in the FRITZ!Box user interface that is causing the LED to flash:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Check which event was selected for the "Info" LED and follow the steps given for that event:
- If the event "missed call" was selected, make a call or press the call key (pick up the handset) on a telephone until you hear the dial tone (about 3 seconds on FRITZ!Fon).
- If the event "New answering machine message" was selected, listen to all of the new messages on the answering machine.
- If the event "New answering machine message, call during absence or new fax" was selected, the flashing can have several causes.
- Delete all of the faxes (PDF files) from the "FRITZ\faxbox" folder on the USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box or move them to a different folder, for example to a folder on your computer's hard drive.
- Make a call or press the call key (pick up the handset) on a telephone until you hear the dial tone (about 3 seconds on FRITZ!Fon).
- Listen to all of the new messages on the answering machine.
- If the event "Free data volume / free online time exhausted" was selected, increase the data volume or number of hours per month that you entered on the "Online Meter" tab under "Internet > Online Monitor"; if necessary, purchase additional data volume or connection time from your provider.