FRITZ!Box 7560 Service - Knowledge Base
Cordless telephone does not display missed calls or missed call notifications cannot be read
A cordless telephone from a different manufacturer does not display missed calls or you cannot use the function keys to read missed call notifications:
- The telephone does not display calls that were missed or not accepted. If a call was missed, there is no "New message waiting" icon on the telephone's display and the number of the caller and time of the call are not displayed.
- The telephone indicates missed calls: If an incoming call is not accepted, an icon such as an envelope icon appears on the display of the telephone or an LED flashes. However, you cannot use the rocker or function keys on your cordless telephone to access or delete the list of missed calls. Therefore, you cannot delete the envelope icon from the display.
1 Missed call notification not defined in DECT-GAP standard
The FRITZ!Box supports all of the functions defined in the manufacturer-independent DECT-GAP standard.
DECT-GAP enables you to use cordless telephones with DECT base stations from different manufacturers. It also covers basic functions such as the procedure for registering a telephone with a base station and establishing telephone calls. However, DECT-GAP does not define convenience functions such as the display of missed calls on a telephone's display.
As a consequence, different manufacturers use different technical solutions to implement such convenience functions. Normally they are not compatible with each other. For this reason, it is usually not possible to use these convenience functions when using a cordless telephone with the DECT base station from another manufacturer (for example FRITZ!Box).
Note:If your telephone does not inform you about missed calls, you can configure the "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box to flash if you miss a call instead. You can find this setting under "System > Buttons and LEDs" in the FRITZ!Box user interface. For more information on the missed call, see the FRITZ!Box Call List. The FRITZ!Box stops flashing again as soon as one of the connected telephones uses an outside line or establishes a call.
Non-binding advice on viewing missed calls
If you cannot view missed call messages as described by the manufacturer, you may be able to use the numeric keypad instead of the rocker and function keys to operate the telephone. In many cases you can view and delete missed calls as follows:
- Press the envelope icon or message key on the cordless telephone.
- If the telephone does not react, press the number key with the answering machine icon (o_o), then the pound sign key (for example 3# or 1#), and then press the call key (lift the receiver).
- Now press the pound key to view or delete missed calls one after the other. Use the following numeric keys to navigate: 8 (down), 2 (up), 4 (left), 6 (right), 5 (ok).
Note:Consult the manufacturer for additional information on operating your cordless telephone with the keypad.