- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7583
- FRITZ!Box 7582
- FRITZ!Box 7581
- FRITZ!Box 7530
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7369
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 7272
- FRITZ!Box 6890 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6810 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6591 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5491
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- FRITZ!Box 3390
Telephony devices and voice computers cannot be remotely controlled
Although you can make telephone calls, you cannot remotely control telephony devices or voice computers on other lines. For example, you cannot:
- Operate the voice computer of a telephone hotline.
- Remotely control an answering machine on another line.
- Call an answering machine connected to the FRITZ!Box and control it remotely (for example to listen to new messages).
- Enter a PIN for telephone banking.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem is solved.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on the FRITZ!Box.
2 Testing different DTMF transmission methods
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective internet telephone number.
- Select "Other provider" from the drop-down list, even if you are using a preconfigured internet telephony provider.
- Try different settings for the "DTMF transmission" or ask your internet telephony provider which setting you need to select.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Besides these settings, the FRITZ!Box has no influence on whether the tones are distorted when they are transmitted to the line that was called. For example, if the internet telephony provider sends DTMF tones over the voice channel, individual tones can be distorted by other signals. In this case, the FRITZ!Box cannot resolve this issue.
AVM Section Navigation