FRITZ!Box 7560 Service - Knowledge Base
Using a FRITZ!DECT smart button in the home network
The FRITZ!DECT smart button, for example FRITZ!DECT 400, is integrated into your home network via an encrypted DECT connection (DECT ULE). You can use the smart button to operate switchable sockets, for example FRITZ!DECT 200, individually or as a group. For example, you can attach the smart button to an easily accessible location in order to conveniently operate sockets that are difficult to reach.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
Requirements / Restrictions
- A maximum of ten FRITZ!DECT smart buttons can be registered with the FRITZ!Box.
1 Establishing a DECT connection
- Push the "DECT" connection button on the top side of the FRITZ!DECT smart button until you hear a signal tone.
- Within 2 minutes: Push the "DECT" button on the FRITZ!Box. Hold down the button for at least 6 seconds until the "DECT" or "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box begins to flash. The FRITZ!Box is in registration mode as long as the LED flashes. The connection is established and the smart button is displayed with the connection status "Connected" in the "Smart Home" menu of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
2 Setting up the FRITZ!DECT smart button
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- If available, select the option "All Smart Home devices" from the drop-down list "viewing".
- Click the (Edit) button for the FRITZ!DECT smart button.
- Click on the tab with the name of the smart button.
- Under "Name", enter a name of your choice for the smart button.
- Enable the desired option under "Standby".
- Under "Switching Smart Home Actuators", select the individual outlet switch or the group you would like to operate using the smart button and select the switching type.
- Select the desired switching period.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
It may take up to 15 minutes to transmit the settings because the smart button only communicates with the FRITZ!Box at greater intervals to save energy and minimize DECT radiation.