FRITZ!Box 7560 Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up a schedule for the FRITZ!Box's wireless network
With the schedule function you can automatically turn the FRITZ!Box's wireless network (WiFi) on and off at certain times. This enables you to configure night service for the wireless network, for example, and thus reduce the FRITZ!Box's power consumption.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Setting up a wireless LAN schedule
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Schedule" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Use schedule for wireless radio network".
- If you want the wireless network to be turned off at the same time every day:
- Enable the option "Turn off wireless LAN daily [...]" and enter the desired times.
- If you want the wireless network to be turned off at different times:
- Enable the option "Switch off wireless network according to schedule".
- Above the weekly overview, select whether you wish to mark times when the wireless network should be turned on or off. The pen shows which option is currently enabled.
- In the weekly overview, mark the times when the wireless network should be turned on or off.
Now the schedule for the wireless network is enabled.
Note:Regardless of the schedule, you can enable or disable the wireless network at any time by briefly pushing the "WLAN" button or entering the keypad code #96*1* or #96*0* on a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box. If you have a FRITZ!Fon, you can select "Home network > WLAN" on the telephone to turn the wireless network on and off.