FRITZ!Box 7560 Service - Knowledge Base
Callers hear a busy signal instead of a ringing tone when a call is already being conducted via FRITZ!Box
Callers hear a busy signal instead of a ringing tone when a telephone call is already being conducted using the FRITZ!Box.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click the button (Edit) for the respective telephone.
- Click on the "Telephony Device Features" tab.
- Disable the option "Call rejection on busy (busy on busy)".
- Enable the "Call waiting" option.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
If the same telephone number is used to conduct both of the calls, then it must be possible to use the telephone number for two connections at the same time. If callers still hear a busy signal, then this telephone number can only be used for one connection. This is why your telephony provider gives the caller a "busy" signal.